The Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation has launched the Northern Ontario Recovery Program to help businesses adapt operations according to local public health guidelines, while protecting employees and customers.
Below is some general information on the program and how to apply. I encourage you to share this information with your private sector clients and encourage them to reach out to me if they have any questions on the program or how to apply. I am happy to discuss the program with your staff should they have questions before sharing with clients.
Who is Eligible?
Northern Ontario businesses with at least one year of operations as of March 17, 2020 and were impacted by the Province of Ontario Emergency Order that closed non-essential businesses on March 24, 2020.
What is Eligible?
Projects that support the adaptation of business operations and practices to meet public health guidelines for operations under re-opening stages, and to support employee and customer safety. Eligible costs may include
- Capital Construction
- Leasehold Improvements
- New or used equipment
- Restructuring of business operations
- Marketing for new business initiatives
- Personal Protective Equipment and customer/employee safety installations
- Other costs deemed necessary to complete the project at the discretion of the NOHFC
- Northern Ontario businesses must provide evidence to support a loss of revenue or increase in expenses are directly attributed to the Province of Ontario Emergency Order related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Submission of financial history (income statement or income tax return) for the previous year of operations will be required.
- Eligible costs will be those incurred and paid after March 17, 2020.
- NOHFC will cover 100% of eligible costs up to $25,000. Funding will be in the form of a conditional contribution.
- Applicants must demonstrate that amount requested from NOHFC is incremental and does not duplicate other supports (Federal, Provincial, Municipal) received
How to Apply
- Applicants can apply online at www.nohfc.ca from October 1 to December 31, 2020.
- Funding is limited and will be on a first-come basis
Further details on the program are available at https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/northern-ontario-recovery-program
Please call or email me if you or your clients have any questions.
Northern Development Advisor | Conseillère de développement du nord | Blind River Office
Northern Development Division, ENDM
C (705) 261-1113| E email@example.com