Job Title: Deputy Clerk-Treasurer
Remuneration: Benefits, Pension, Salary will commensurate with experience and skills.
Due to a retirement, the Township of Plummer Additional is seeking a person to fill the position of Deputy Clerk-Treasurer.
The DCT shall perform the statutory duties of the Treasurer under the provisions of the Municipal Act and other related statutes and be responsible for ensuring all legislative requirements and principles of sound financial management are met by the municipality and local boards.
The DCT will be responsible for the general accounting requirements of the Corporation.
The ideal candidate is able to provide advice and guidance to the Clerk and Council regarding revenue optimization, control of expenditures, purchasing guidelines, and asset management. They are responsible for Human Resources Management, responds to inquiries from various parties and provides support to all departments in the administration of Township business.
- Completion of Post-secondary education, preference in Accounting, Finance, Business, or in a closely related financial field.
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, spreadsheets, accounting packages (SAGE is preferred)
- Progressive leadership/supervisory experience in a senior financial leadership role.
- Proficiency in time management, organization, as well as a demonstrated adherence to strict deadlines to complete multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while under pressure
- Able to work evenings if requested.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all staff, Council, senior government officials and community stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Municipal Act, an awareness of other acts and by-laws.
- Completion of AMCTO Municipal Finance Program and Municipal Administration Program;
- Ability to make public presentations sometimes concerning delicate or controversial subjects;
- Able to manage and assign employees and have knowledge of the tasks and works of a municipal finance department;
- Training and experience in municipal finance, municipal administration, fund accounting and asset management plans;
- Demonstrate a capacity to work under minimal supervision
The full job description is available below, or by calling 705-785-3479.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 4:30 pm July 15, 2022 to:
38 Railway Cres., RR#2
Bruce Mines ON POR ICO
E-mail submissions with the subject line “DCT” are acceptable at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates are encouraged to inform of any accommodating requests. Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment.
Click the link below for the DCT job description: