Full Size Burial Lot Rates
- Non-ratepayers – $550 + HST (includes perpetual care & maintenance)
- Ratepayers – $350 + HST (includes perpetual care & maintenance)
- Open and close (Cremains Site) – $75.00 + HST
Five Cemeteries in the Township of Plummer Additional
Cloudslee Cemetery – burial lots available for sale
History – The Cloudslee Cemetery property was initially owned by Norman McEwan, in 1896 the cemetery location was officially surveyed. The oldest known grave is dated 1879. This grave was relocated from an adjacent location following the property survey.
The cemetery is divided into three sections. Section 1 is the original property donated by Mr. McEwan. By 1949, all of the plots in Section 1 had been sold; subsequently a Section 2 was established on land offered by Mr. Arthur Chapman Sr. In 1978, section 2 of the cemetery expanded again on land purchased from Joesph Charron to meet the community’s needs for more burial plots.
Directions – From Bruce Mines on Highway 17, turn onto highway 638, head north about 3.5km, turn right onto Cloudslee Road and head about 3km. The cemetery is located on the left side.
Sands/Mount Zion Cemetery – burial lots available for sale
History – Sands Cemetery is located in the Township of Plummer Additional, on a level sandy area which originally a part of the local picnic grounds, fondly nicknamed “The Sands”. It is surrounded by a stand of planted white and red pine approximately 65 years old.
Directions – From Bruce Mines on Highway 17, between Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie, go north on Highway 638, about 16km (7.2 km north of Rydal bank). The Cemetery is on the east side of the road just before it crosses McKinnon Creek. Alternatively, the cemetery may be accessed via Highway 638 east from Echo bay to Ophir, from there head south towards Bruce Mines.
Plummer Cemetery – no plots available
History – The Plummer Cemetery is located on Lot 6, Con 4 in the Township of Plummer Additional, about 4km west of Rydal Bank. It was originally called Finlayson’s Cemetery, because it was north-west corner of Alex Finlayson’s farm, and it was mainly relatives of the Finlayson’s that were buried there. Many people were buried there without any headstones and because of this the cemetery was closed.
Directions -From Bruce Mines on highway 17, turn onto highway 638 at Bruce Mines, go to Rydal Bank a distance of about 9.5km, turn left onto Plummer Rd. travel west for about 2 miles, turn right onto West Rd., go to the top of the hill, the cemetery is located to the right
Rock Lake Cemetery – no plots available
Directions -From Bruce Mines on Highway 17, between Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie, go north on Highway 638 about 9.5km km to Rydal Bank. Continue North on 638 for 9km. The Rock Lake Cemetery is next (at 9km) on the west side of the road on a knoll.
Alternatively, it can be reached by taking Highway 638 from Echo Bay to Highway 561 at Ophir, from there head south for about 2.75km.
Humphries/Maple Grove Cemetery – no plots available
Directions – From Bruce Mines on Highway 17, between Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie, go north on Highway 638, about 11km (2.8 km north of Rydal Bank). The cemetery is on the Nethery Rd. to the west, just off the highway. (The Ledyit Rd to the east is just past this road; you have gone too far)
There is a high rock bluff to the north of the cemetery and a gravel pit on the south side of Nethery Road.