Site Plans, Conditional Permits, Land Severance, Re-Zoning Applications
1st point of Contact is the Municipality.
A Pre-Consultation Fee of $100 is to be paid prior to submitting any Planning applications.
- The Pre- Consultation fee will give you access to the Township Planner (Chris Jones, Municipal Planning Services Ltd.) for advice prior to and during the application process.
- If you choose to move forward with your application, the Pre-Consultation fee will be deducted from your Planning Application fee.
|Planning & Land Use Processing Fees (By Law 2018-15 as amended)|
|Pre Consultation Fee (to be applied to application)||$ 100.00|
|Minor Variance||$ 900.00|
|Site Plan Control (fee for service by consultant) (minimum charge)||$ 800.00|
|Official Plan Amendment (fee for service by consultant)||$ 2,000.00|
|Zoning By-Law Amendment (fee for service by consultant)||$ 2,000.00|
|Special Request (short notice) Meetings for approvals by Council||$ 100.00|
|Tile Drain Loan/Inspection Administration-application||$ 200.00|
|Tile Drain Loan Administration (per legal/consultant fees charged)|
|Tile Drain Inspection (fee for service by legal/consultant)|
All fees to be paid in advance of service.
A zoning by-law controls the use of land in your community. It states exactly:
- how land may be used
- where buildings and other structures can be located
- the types of buildings that are permitted and how they may be used
- the lot sizes and dimensions, parking requirements, building heights and setbacks from the street.
A zoning by-law:
- implements the objectives and policies of a municipality’s official plan (See Official Plans, No. 2 in the series.)
- provides a legal way of managing land use and future development
- in addition to the official plan, protects you from conflicting and possibly dangerous land uses in your community.
What is a zoning by-law amendment?
If you want to use or develop your property in a way that is not allowed by the zoning by-law, you may apply for a zoning change, also known as a zoning by-law amendment or a rezoning. But council can consider a change only if the new use is allowed by the official plan.
Before you apply for rezoning, you should talk to the municipal staff for advice and information. You must complete an application form which requires information identified by the Minister and the municipality.
© QUEEN’S PRINTER FOR ONTARIO, 2008
- Zoning By-Laws